Monday, November 23, 2009

monday music 11.23.09

First thing I want to say is this post is dedicated to Anna...

Today's monday music was easy.

Saturday night Anna and I were fortunate enough to have a date night. We had a coupon for Coco's, and since it's been a long time since we last ate there, that's where we chose to go. As we're waiting for our food to come and enjoying each others company, I hear the beginnings of a song, and I smile.

Anna hears the song and sighs.

It was one of these (can't remember which one exactly)...





Either way, it was Ace of Base.

I don't remember why I like them the way I do. The beat? The melody? Probably the harmonies? All of the above?... Anna does not share my affection for AoB.

As soon as the song became our new topic of conversation, I knew it was going to be my monday music post! I even told Anna it would be, but that doesn't matter, she doesn't care for my monday music posts anyway.

So yeah, there it is, my Ace of Base monday music post.




Bonus Story: We're at Coco's because we have a coupon. Actually, we have a whole flier/advertisement of coupons. About 6 total. The expiration was Sunday, so they were only good for us that night. Anna thought it a shame to waste them, so she tore them all out and handed them to the other people eating in our area. The people seemed genuinely happy to get them, and Anna was happy to spread some holiday cheer.

3 comments:

Kristi said...

Every once in a while The Sign will pop into my head, I dont know why. But I definitely blame you every time because of your shameless passion for AoB. And by the way, some super nice person left a $2 off coupon for peets coffee on a bag of peets coffee at the store and it is much appreciated!!

Kimberly said...

way to spread the love, junior!

Anna said...

Funny! I didn't realize you had made this post, and I just had a conversation with Kristi and Kim about hating AoB.

BTW...I guess that was a senior move! :)