Wednesday, November 11, 2009

it's a little different

Garden time...

Here's the big pumpkin continuing to change color. It's taking a little longer than I thought it would, not that there's any deadline.


Here's the smaller pumpkin, looking kind of cool, as it too, begins to change color.

Here's the corn, still doing well. Each week, I've been showing you the corn planted in box 2 because it's bigger than the corn in box 1. This week is no different.


Here are two zucchini I picked this morning. The top one came from the newer plants, and bottom one was picked from the older plants. Not sure why it grew into that odd shape.



Here's what box 1 has been looking like with the tomato and older zucchini plants being all over grown. There plenty of grass in the picture too. I need to be better about keeping the grass down and or out of where the veggies are. I decided to pull the tomato plant, and I did. Then I started to pull out the older zucchini plants...



... But then saw this good looking future zuc., and decided to let it be till that one was ready to pick.



Here's what box one looks like now. I did cut off one "arm" of the zucchini plant before I discovered the newbie, so hopefully that wont spell the end of the entire plant before that last zuc. is picked. Half the box is ready for something else. I guess I better head down the Lowe's and see what they've got.


As I was working in the garden this morning, Jennan and Tegan came out to help me. That didn't last long. Then I saw them swinging together, and snapped this picture. Two cutie faces!



The garden is a little different now, but that's a good thing. Got to keep it going.




No comments: