Monday, November 9, 2009

monday music 11.09.09

Sometime this last week, actually in the past couple days, this song popped into my head. I'm not really sure why. I remember thinking, "Why did this song just pop into my head?" Right after that, I thought, I might as well make it my selection for monday music, and here we are.

Flesh For Lulu, "Postcards From Paradise"



Flesh For Lulu had a great look in the late 80s. They were right there with The Cure, Siouxsie, etc. as having that alternative image. They never really got as popular as The Cure or Siouxsie, though they did have "I Go Crazy" that was a big part of the movie "Some Kind of Wonderful".

Also, I know there's a real video for "Postcards From Paradise", but it's not up on youtube. Neither is the video for "I Go Crazy". This seems weird to me. I wonder if the studio that owns them doesn't want them available to the public? But why not? I don't get why some studios do that kind of stuff. Anyway...

Happy monday music everyone.

No comments: