Friday, May 1, 2009

Friday Flashback 05.01.09

Today's flashback photo was chosen semi-randomly.

The first picture I pulled from the pile was from our Hawaii trip in 2001. It was a landscape shot, and not that interesting.

The second picture I pulled out was of my days playing drums in jazz band. Except it's not very well lit, you can faintly see me in the background, and I figure you didn't want to see a picture of some people most of you don't know.


Then I pulled out the picture you see here...


Quite appropriate, seeing as my birthday is tomorrow and all. As for this picture, my guess is that it's during my freshman year in High School. That would make it 1987, and I would be turning 15 that day. I remember being highly influenced by some older young men in my ward at the time, and they were all into being "surfers", and I think that explains the Mickey surfing tshirt I'm wearing.


Looks like I got a merit badge sash this birthday, as well as the most awesome "Flipsiders" toy I'd ever seen (judging by the expression on my face), and a bunch more presents yet to be opened.


That shiny golden brown hair you see to the left is Kristi's, she would be 12 that day. Keith, would be 6, and Kim would be 4 (That's Liam and Jennan's [almost] ages!).


Good stuff.


3 comments:

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday, Ken! This is a good picture to choose....I'm sure a present or two are from me....but I can't remember what any of it is!!

Kristi said...

I thought, "oh, that must be Kellys hair, oh" thats my shimmery locks. Crazy. Keithy-boy is so cute! And I always thought Kims nose was great, check out that profile!
ps Happy Birthday

Kimberly said...

she said 'keithy-boy'! that's awesome.