Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Denied **Update**


Almost 2 weeks ago, I took the family out to Buffalo Wild Wings for dinner, and to use a couple of coupons I had gotten in my email. They didn't honor the coupons, and you can read my post about it HERE.

I contacted BWW via their website, using their "contact us" link. There are a couple questions they ask you before you actually leave your comment, such as what location you visited, what time, etc. I answered those, and told my story in the comment section. I wasn't sure if anything would come of it, and thought I would try and contact them by phone if I didn't hear anything in a few days.

Well, a few days came and went, and I had pretty much forgotten about it when I received an email from the GM of the Rancho location of BWW. It said they do honor coupons from "Buffalo Circle" members, and was sorry for the confusion. It said that when we came back, they would honor both coupons and give us $15 in credit toward our next visit. That was good news.

So last night, we went back out BWW for dinner. When we were ordering, I showed the server the coupons, and he said he would have to check with management before we could use them. I gave him both coupons and the copy of the email that was sent to me saying they would honor them. A few minutes later, the manager on duty came over and thanked us for coming back, and that both coupons would be honored, and that he would bring a $15 gift card over to us. A few minutes later he came back with the gift card.

We ordered and waited for our food. The kids were a little restless, but pretty soon the food came. It was all good except the "naked" tender kids meal we ordered came breaded. We told our server about the mistake and he told Anna to take the fries off and he would bring out some naked tenders. As Anna was doing that, he said to just keep the whole thing, and he would get a new kids meal out to us. I'm sure he was pretty stressed because he knew we were there because of a previous problem, and now our current order got messed up. But he did a good job, and we got an extra kids meal out of it for free.

We were there before 6pm, so Anna chose her food from the appetizer menu because they were half price till 6pm. Our total check was a little over $25. We used the gift card, so we paid about $10 for dinner, and left a decent tip. Not too bad for a yummy dinner. All I need is an excuse to go, and now we've gone twice this month.

4 comments:

Sara Kelley said...

niiiice.

colleeeen said...

mmmm buffalo wings. now I'm craving hard.

Unknown said...

Following through is a wonderful thing, isn't it? Good job!

Katz said...

I'm so glad this story has a happy ending. Good for you for contacting them.

And now I'm totally tempted to drive over an hour away to go to BWW.