Thursday, May 7, 2009

Denied


I got a coupon for a free dessert at Buffalo Wild Wings (BW3s) because of my birthday and because I am registered on their website. I also had a coupon for 6 free wings for my anniversary of registering with them online. So it was time to have some dinner there, and try to use both coupons, or at the very least, one coupon.

Both were denied!

We showed them to our waitress, and she said they didn't take those. We were very surprised because we've used online coupons there before without any problems. She just said that they're (the wait staff) not suppose to accept those. Huh?! Well, ok.

We still wanted to eat there (it had been a loooong time), so we ordered. Appetisers are half off during happy our, which ends at 6pm, and we were ordering at about 5:45. Their chicken quesadilla is REALLY good. Anna ordered that. Plus it was "55 cent Wednesday", which we didn't know before going, but was a nice benefit, so Anna also ordered boneless wings, as did I. We also got a couple of naked tender kid's meals to split between the kids.

A little later, the waitress came over and asked to see the coupons again. She said she asked about taking them, and wanted to see if it had the store location on the coupon. If it did, then she could take it. The only address on it is the corporate address, so she said, "Oh, it has a Minnesota address, you'd have to use this in Minnesota." Anna liked our waitress, but I thought she was kind of dumb. She did give us good service though. As I looked at the coupons closer, as far as location, all it says is "At participating locations." I guess the Rancho Cucamonga location is not one of those.

Anyhow, the food was still good. Anna forgot to ask for her wing sauce on the side, so hers came covered with Spicy Garlic sauce. It was too much for her, so I got to finish off the last two. Now I get to try and find out if I can get my future coupons sent to me with my nearest location printed on them.

We'll see.

6 comments:

Mr. Mustachio said...

Do you need me to add them to my boycott list?

Ken said...

Nah... the food's too good to pass up.

Plus, I don't know that I can support your list anyway. Carl's Jr. is still on it.

Katz said...

Call corporate. They'll usually pass on some info to the district manager and you should be able to get some more free stuff out of it.

Kristi said...

Yeah, what Katie said. You need that fighting spirit! these are tough times! They aught to welcome coupons as they welcome your money.

Ken said...

Well, I took a more passive route, and sent an email via their "contact us" on their website. If I don't hear anything back from them in a couple of days, maybe I'll give a call.
I'm such a pacifist sometimes.

Kimberly said...

don't be a pacifist when it comes to coupons! if you don't get an email response, CALL!