Friday, February 27, 2009

Friday Flashback 2.27.09

Upon reaching into my stack of old pictures, two pictures emerged.


This first picture is from 1988 (I'm pretty sure). We're at the Las Vegas Temple open house. I'm not sure we're in the future parking lot, or above the paved parking lot at this point. I don't remember if it's my mom or dad taking this picture.

In this picture I'm probably 16, maybe 17. I'm giving the Vulcan hand sign from Star Trek (*cough* dork). But in contrast, I am wearing my monkey boots, so I retained a bit of coolness among the dorkyness (at least in my eyes). Kevin is the one posing like he's running to catch a bus. He's probably 12.

This was a youth trip to tour the temple before it's dedication. I remember parts of this trip pretty clearly. Mostly the walking in the temple part. I also remember the protesters on the street near the entrance. It was the first time I had encountered that type of thing.





This picture was taken in June of 1994. We're on the front lanai of my grandparents' house, in front of their front door. This was Kevin's graduation trip. I had been home from my mission six months. Kevin originally was going to have a high school buddy go with him, but his buddy pulled out, and I jumped in. Our dad is taking the picture. It's hard to tell, but Kevin's hair is pretty crazy in this picture. It's all bushy. He's also got a bad case of the Foutz grin happening. It says on the back of the picture, that we're getting home from church, but I thought this was taken on our way out to church. Anyway, good times, fond memories.


This was my 200th post.
Yay for me.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I remember thinking the temple was all sparkly inside.I dont recall seeing any protesters outside. We did have to park really far. I think thats Marys hair on the right, so I must be close by. . . . . Ahh monkey boots. . .

Unknown said...

Picture #1-I didn't go on that trip, so it is Dad taking the picture.

Picture #2-I am so proud you remembered to call it a lanai!!

Anonymous said...

Do you see those rocks in the background of pic #1! Thanks for including the people for scale!