Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Will need one soon...


Carl's Jr. is promoting a new breakfast sandwich. It's called "The Monster Breakfast Sandwich". (Oh no, not another Carl's Jr. post!)


It's so big, it doesn't even fit in the picture!

I think I'm going to need to eat one of these soon. Luckily for me there's a coupon for $1.00 off. (There is a coffee purchase required for the coupon, but I'm sure there's an allowable substitution.)


Carl's Jr. also has a new hand scooped shake flavor... Banana Cream! Not only do they put a banana cream flavored syrup in the shake, they also blend in real Nilla wafers! There's also a coupon for $1.00 off one of these as well. ( I wonder if they'll let me use both coupons together?)




I'm wondering if all the GFCF food that's taken over our kitchen is why I'm so drawn to so much "outside" food? The GFCF food is a bit more expensive than what we used to buy,and therefor it tends to be all we buy, and then Anna and I feel guilty for eating it because it's for the kids, and it would last longer if we weren't eating it as well. But we haven't been too good about buying groceries for ourselves and we've become a bit scavengeristic in our eating habits, and also find ourselves looking "outside" for food, which in the long run, isn't a cheap habit to get into, or ultimately a healthy one. Though we're willing to sacrifice what we need to to benefit the kids. I think it comes down to Anna and I feeling that having "regular" food in the house would be a strong temptation for the boys, and pull them away from the food they're suppose to eat.

Well, I didn't mean for this post to get all feelings and stuff, so yeah... Monster Breakfast sandwiches and Banana shakes! When you try them, come back and leave a comment on what you thought.

No comments: