Friday, July 25, 2008

MMA stuff...

If you're looking to get an MMA fix this weekend, you're in luck. There are two places to go on Saturday night for some MMA action.

If you have cable or satelite, Spike TV is airing UFC 84 Saturday night 9pm ET/PT (I have DirecTV, and for some reason, I get the Eastern feed for Spike TV shows, so for me it'll start at 6pm. Check your local listing to make sure what time it's on in your area.). UFC 84 features the main event of BJ Penn fighting Sean Sherk for the Lightweight Title (unofficially the undisputed lightweight title). You can read my take on the fights here. And when you're done watching the fights, you can check out my post fight comments here.

The other MMA fights happening are on CBS. It's their second EliteXC show, and the main event is a rematch from their first show on CBS, between Robbie Lawler (the champ) vs. Scott Smith. Their first fight ended early due to a finger in the eye of Lawler from Smith. I don't remember if it was deemed a "no contest", or if they disqualified Smith, or what ever. But this is their "unfinished business" rematch. That's really the only fight of note on that card. There is a female MMA fight on the card though, so if you'd like to get familliar with female MMA, you might want to check it out. Oh yeah, and also Nick Diaz is fighting too. I'm looking forward to seeing him fight again. His younger brother Nate is awesome, so I hope Nick does well.

In other MMA stuff, I've recently began frequenting an MMA blog called cagepotato.com. They cover all sorts of MMA related news and information. I've been learning a lot about the MMA world outside of just the UFC, and it's pretty cool. If you're interested in going a little deeper into the MMA world, you might want to check them out.

That was all, carry on.

No comments: