Friday, March 6, 2009

Friday Flashback 3.6.09

Again, as I pulled out a picture for today's flashback, two were dead set on exiting the pile. So here they both are...



This first picture is of me (as an alumni of the band) playing the snare drum at a Homecoming game. I'm guessing it's the fall of 94 because Kevin is not in uniform. Kevin is playing one of the tubas in the lower right corner. He graduated in June of 94, so this is later that year (new school year). It's hard to tell, unless you enlarge the picture, that my hair is kind of long (for me anyways) and it's got a reddish tint to it. It's the one time I dyed my hair. The color was called "cherry cola". My friend Kara did it for me.





This next picture is of me playing the upright tuba for concert band. (Interesting that the two pictures pulled out today were both of me in band.) I'm not quite sure what year it is, but my guess is 1989? I think this is near the end of my junior year. We're dressed up, so it was probably an end of year type performance. Plus, I think it was my junior year that I shaved my head. In case you couldn't tell, I was very cool back then. I'm wearing non-prescription glasses, a bow tie, and a vest. Ooooh, the things we do to stand out and be different in high school.

Being in band in high school was awesome. We got to do a lot of fun things. Good times.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

glasses boy...I'll never understand that! :)