Thursday, June 5, 2008

That's Hot... (update)


Not long ago I posted a blog with a coupon for the jalapeno chicken sandwich at Carl's Jr. You can see it HERE. Along with some thoughts on chicken sandwiches in general.


Yesterday I had the chance to partake of the jalapeno chicken sandwich for the first time.


As I mentioned in the other post, the type of food coupons that I prefer are the "buy one get one free" type. The other day we got a mailer advertisement with coupons for Carl's, and there was a buy 1 get 1 free coupon for the jalapeno chicken sandwich. Anna and I had an opportunity to use it yesterday.


Anna took all of her jalapenos off, but it was still spicy from the jalapeno juice and few seeds that were left behind. She didn't think it was bad, but she doesn't think she'd get it again. I decided I needed to eat mine with all the jalapenos that came on it intact.


I've read that as people get older they can tolerate more "heat" or spicier foods because their taste buds "die". I don't like that thought. I like to think it's my mental ability to control my reaction to the heat. The heat from the jalapenos never got to where I couldn't take it anymore. Yes it was spicy, but dare I say, I'm learning to like the flavor of jalapeno. That doesn't mean I wan to eat them with every meal or anything like that, but I don't think I'd adamantly avoid them as I've done in the past.


I already like Carl's Jr.'s grilled chicken sandwiches, so putting some spicy stuff on there didn't make me not like it.


That's my update.


1 comment: