Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Harvesting

Well, it's been a couple weeks since I posted anything about the garden. Last week was WAY too crazy to be worrying about putting up blog entries. But, I have a few moments today, so here's a garden-y update... We've been harvesting!

This is the last of the three large heads of broccoli we had growing. It was picked last week. Along with some fantastic looking zucchini and yellow squash.


Not long after that I picked another zucchini and the "seconds" of one of the broccoli plants, with a yellow squash and a strawberry.

Another harvested zucchini and a couple of berries. The bugs are still getting to the strawberries before we can get them. I think I'm suppose to put some plastic down around the plant, but wouldn't the bugs just climb on that too? Need to do more research on possible solutions.


These I picked today. More "seconds" from another Broccoli plant, some zucchini and yellow squash. Good stuff.


We've eaten a good amount of the broccoli thus far, but still have a bunch more. Need to start eating more zucchini before we get backed up on those. Same goes for the yellow squash. The corn stalks are all doing well, and have many ears of corn on them. It won't be long till we're overwhelmed with them all. We're actually looking forward to that part. I'm starting to believe that the watermelon plant probably won't make it after all. Might have to go pick up another one and see if that one will do better. Or maybe I could transplant some corn in it's place. We'll see. That's it for this week.

1 comment:

colleeeen said...

The broccoli "seconds" are my favorite part. I saute them in olive oil and then toss minced garlic on top at the end. yummmmmm.