Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Garden update

The garden continues to do well for the most part. We are still harvesting zucchini, yellow squash, and broccoli. We also pick a few strawberries now and then, that we can actually eat. (Meaning that either the bugs only nibbled on it a little, or some even not at all.) The watermelon plant still remains the same size.

Here are some pictures of what I've picked the last couple of weeks...





Here's our corn I started from seed. It's a little hard to tell, the corn matured, but didn't get very big/tall. The tallest one is probably 4 feet tall? I have a feeling that I didn't loosen the soil as much as I thought I did, or didn't do it as much as I should have. I think the roots didn't have as much room to flourish as they needed. We'll see what happens. There are ears forming, so it will be interesting to see if the ears from these stalks are also smaller in size, or if they'll grow to a regular size. In the mean time, I continue to water and watch.

I almost forgot to mention, I have a couple of bell peppers growing. That's a relief, I was afraid the bugs chewing on it was going to keep it from fruiting. So yeah, it's all good. Pretty soon I'll need to clear some space for a pumpkin plant or two.
A mildly green thumbs up!


1 comment:

Anna said...

Watermellon? Oh yeah...I guess you did plant that. :)