Saturday, September 18, 2010

Blasted!

We went to Disneyland for the first time since being blocked out for the summer, last Thursday. We had a great time. It wasn't very crowded at all. It probably helped that a lot of people were waiting for and watching the parade.

Anyway, one of the last things we did that night was go on the Astro Blaster ride. Anna was kicking my butt with an early lead by hitting the sweet spot on Zurg a couple more times than I did. I had a lot of catching up to do. Anna was pretty confident that her lead would last. Right as we were about to exit the shooting area with the last large Zurg, the ride stopped. Guns were still firing away like crazy. I locked onto a high scoring shape and repeatedly fired on it. Anna was shooting as often as I was... I could only hope that I was doing it faster. As the ride began again, and we are now finished on the ride, I looked at my score... It was the highest score I've ever gotten... 933,800! NICE! I asked Anna what her score was, and it was in the 700,000 somewhere (she doesn't remember exactly). She saw my score and was amazed... I was certainly going to be emailing myself the ride photo from this ride, so I could have a record of this huge score, and I did so. I even had Anna's picture sent to my email.

The next morning I opened the Astro Blaster emails and saved them to a picture file... but something wasn't right... I looked at them a little longer... then I realised... NO SCORES!?!?





What the.... ! How?... Why?... Buuuuummer! So Lame!
So yeah, no pictorial record of my super high score. But, Anna saw it, so I do have an eye witness. I'll have to try it again next time we go.
We had a very fun time at Disneyland. One thing we did differently was, I took the 3 oldest on Big Thunder Mountain with me (Tegan's not tall enough). They were a little nervous, but went anyway. We practically walked right on the ride. When we were done, they all wanted to do it again, so Anna took them all again, and I stayed and played with Tegan.
Good times.

1 comment:

Anna said...

Ken has every detail correct except that I had over 900,000 and he only had 5,000. Hey! He doesn't have the evidence to prove otherwise! :)