Sunday, August 17, 2008

Trifecta...

Today at church, I sung in a men's quartet after the first speaker in sacrament meeting, then gave the concluding talk in sacrament meeting, and also taught the lesson in Aaronic Priesthood.

The song we sang was hymn #5, High on the Mountain Top. I sang the Tenor part. We sang it a'capella. That was a lot of fun. I haven't sung in a quartet in a long time. I thought we sounded pretty good.

My topic for the talk was the Sacrament. The person before me spoke on Baptism, so the two talks went well together. I took the majority of my comments from to general authority talks. One from Elder Vaughn J. Featherstone, and the other from Elder Dallin H. Oaks. Super good talks. The Elder Oaks one even got a little deep.

The topic for the Aaronic Priesthood was titled "An Aaronic Priesthood Holder Cherishes Womanhood". A great lesson.

All of it was testimony building. Hope your day was as good as mine.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

That all sounds pretty good, I would have liked to hear you...hint...hint...(c:
Anyway, I speak this Sunday in Sacrament meeting on Humanitarian Aid. The Relief Society presidency is speaking. Should be good.

cynthia said...

Wow!! Cute kids!! and wow...Anna is Super Woman!! Congrats to you both! What a family!