Thursday, August 7, 2008

Since I'm home...

I'll take another quick moment to get caught up on some posts I should have done before now.

UFC 87 this Saturday!
The main event is a welterweight championship fight between the current champ, Georges St. Pierre, and challenger, Jon Fitch. Jon Fitch is undefeated in the UFC (seven fights I think), and GSP is one of the best in the world. If this fight goes past the 2nd round, it will go the distance. I think GSP will win either way. Even if it goes the distance (5 rounds), I think it will be unanimously GSP.
Brock Lesnar vs. Heath Herring. I'm sorry but, I'm a Brock Lesnar fan and will probably always go with him for the win. I think he'll overwhelm Herring early, just like he did to Frank Mir, but I don't think Herring's got the wherewith all to pull off a submission the way Mir did. I think it will end in the first round.
Roger Huerta vs. Kenny Florian. This is a really tough one. Both of these guys are great fighters and this fight has the potential to be the fight of the night. Ultimately, I think Kenny Florian will win. I just think he has the ability to end fights better than Huerta does. A lot of Huerta's fights have gone the distance and there's been chances to finish the fight that were never capitalized on. I'm going with KenFlo on this one.
Manny Gamburyan vs. Rob Emerson. Both of these guys have been on The Ultimate Fighter show, so if you watched that show, you would recognise them. I don't think Rob has much of a chance against Manny. Manny's an animal in the ring. His tenacity is freaky.
Jason McDonald has a fight. I hope he gets the win.
Luke Cummo will be fighting. Hope he gets a win too.
And also Ben Saunders has a fight, and I hope he wins his fight as well.
I'll be watching at my brother Kevin's house. It should be fun.

I was going to mention some other things we've done lately, but I'm out of time. Later.

No comments: