Friday, October 30, 2009

friday flashback 10.30.09

Happy Halloween Eve!

Can't pass a chance to put up another Halloween themed flashback picture. This one's going waaaay back...





Wow! I'm thinking it's about 1983? 84? Maybe 85?

Looks like I'm some sort of scary dead guy. Kyle's a ghost, and Kristi's a witch- those are pretty obvious. Kevin's could be lots of things- a red Zorro, an all red clown, a tomato, but he's none of those. He's a devil. That costume was around forever. Almost everyone had a turn wearing it. I believe my mom made it. It was nylon or something like that. Chances are, she probably made those witch and ghost costumes, too. Halloween was always a fun time.

When we were kids, the traditional Foutz dinner for Halloween was tater tots and taquitos. The reason being- they're both finger food. We would usually spend half the evening handing out candy as a family, doing our best to scarily answer the door for the trick-or-treaters, so we couldn't just sit down to dinner.

As for my young family, we're not usually home to fix up a nice crunchy batch of taquitos and tater tots. But for tradition's sake, I may have to make sure I eat some taquitos from somewhere while we're out tomorrow, to keep the tradition alive.

Have a safe and fun Halloween everyone.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I think your time frame is pretty accurate. Yes, I made the red devil costume....it's still here...anyone need to be a red devil?! Since Dad & I will be at the ward Trunk or Treat party tomorrow, we are having our taquitos and tater tots on Sunday.
I was trying to remember the Halloween song you guys used to sing...and I can't remember even one line...something about witch's brew....

Ken said...

I know there's a song called "Old Mrs. Witch", but I barely remember any of it.

Kristi said...

Oh Mrs Witch, oh mrs. witch, tell me what you see, tell me what you see, I see a jack-o-lantern looking at me!! I bet I could come up with the whole thing if i tried. I believe we have it on a recording somewhere. i'm trying to figure out whats up in the girls room. Kimber would be a baby so is that her crib?